Skin cancer prevention
Whilst the incidence rate of skin cancer is high it is also one of the most preventable forms of cancer. Skin cancer is primarily caused by cumulative exposure to UV or sunlight.
By following the guidelines below you will reduce the risk of excessive UV light exposure:
- Protect yourself from the sun at all times by wearing UPF50+ sun protective clothing, a broadbrim UPF50+ sun hat and sunglasses.
- Seek shade between the hours of 10am and 4pm
- Go outside only if absolutely necessary when the UV index is high, very high or extreme
- Apply a broad-specturm sunscreen with SPF30 or above 30 mins before UV exposure and reapply every 2 hours.
- Avoid purposely seeking a sun tan or using a sun-bed/solarium.
Dermatologists recommend UPF50+ sun protective clothing as the first line of defence against skin cancer. Solbari Sun Protection, offers an award-winning range of UPF50+ sun protective clothing, broad-brim sun hats, arm sleeves and umbrellas.
Women UPF 50+
Men UPF 50+
Sun hats UPF 50+
Accessories UPF 50+
SPF 50+ Sunscreen
This blog is for information purposes only, always consult your medical professional.